You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Sketches’ category.
It’s seems I never can keep up with this blog. I often take pictures of my process but life gets in the way of updating this damn thing 😦
Anyway, June and July were crazy months. I did over 50 sets to be sold at Junie Moon and Galery LeLe in Tokyo, and basically had time for nothing else. After a month catching up and recovering, I started thinking about finally starting a line for MSD doll (Lati Blue, Unoa, Tiny Fairy, Volks MSD and many other of this type). I’ve had one of this dolls since 2008. Can you believe this!? And I only ever tried a couple of items for her: Pictures. Shame on me. Now I too this very seriously, to the point that I promised I would sell her if didn’t do anything for her during this year.
So I sketched this 2 garments. One is mori-bohemian, the other is very Edwardian-meets-Lolita. I think I am pleased for being my first. The first try out of the mori outfit came out alright. I will adjust the sleeves to make them puffier and perhaps change a bit the skirt flow.
So I hope I can work on these during the next weeks and be ble to live up to my promise of updating this blog regularly. Don’t give up on me! ^_^
Yesterday I found myself sketching these two outfits. Of course, still influenced by my new obsession: “Mori Girl” style. I have some swiss dots, battiste, linnen and poplin that I think will work wonderful with these two sets.
For the first one, I was looking for a over-layered look, with deconstructed frills and camisole over dress over tights effect. The pattern for the camisole is not mine, its from a DCR book, but I’ve been meaning to try it for a long time. I think i finally found the perfect fabric for it.
For the second set, I wanted a shape similar to Tailor Gibson’s dress (which is one of my favourite Blythe’s stock outfits). I needed a place to use embroidery as it is also one of my current obsessions 😛
I hope I can prototype them during this week and make the preorder for the weekend or next monday.
The idea for this dress came from an “Angelic Pretty” (japanese Lolita brand) outfit although I can’t find the sourse right now. It had a puffy shirt under. Quite similar to my “The Sound of Music” sets which of course were inspired by that same outfit. To change things a bit and put to use my knits fabric, I decided to change the shirt for a knit turtle neck in ivory white. The softness of this knit is so similar to angora is a delight!
Things to take into account when doing the prototype: the straps need to be longer for the knit sweater is more bulky than a shirt. Need to figure a way to add some beads and sequins without turning it into a carnivale.
I made a prototype of the knit sweater and it looks fab. I still need for the fabric to arrive, which is a mint green swiss dot voile *______*
Hope to update with the final prototype soon! See ya!